Hardwood Floor Staining
Warwick | Cranston | Providence | Attleboro | Taunton | Fall River
Many homeowners don’t realize that it is absolutely possible to change the color of your hardwood floors, even with different kinds of wood! You don’t have to be stuck with a shade that doesn’t suit your home. Hardwood floors can be stained with a whole range of colors, and it’s the easiest way to affordably update your flooring.
Regular hardwood floor staining should also be done to protect and seal the wood from damage, sunlight, and moisture. Hardwood floors are an investment–don’t you want to protect yours?
Is it time to restain my hardwood floors?
Overtime, the quality of your hardwood floor stain can diminish due to regular wear, exposure to sunlight, moisture, humidity, and other elements. Hardwood floor staining is the process of applying a distinct color (stain) to your new or existing hardwood floors. Hardwood floor staining is a wonderful way to give your current floors a new and revitalized look.
Get a Free Hardwood Floor Staining Estimate Now
Leave us your information, and we will call you back
Colors for Staining Hardwood Floors
Our exceptional hardwood floor service allows you to pick a color to match your interior. We offer custom hardwood floor colors to meet your specific needs–a service that most hardwood floor contractors do not provide. If you’ve recently renovated other parts of your home, or changed your interior paint, consider restaining your hardwood floors to match! It’s possible to stain hardwood floors with colors ranging from dark red to light sand!
Looking to restain hardwood floors, but don’t know which color to choose? Our team of hardwood floor contractors is available to help you decide which color stain will best compliment your personal style and home decor.
The Process to Restain Hardwood Floors
Our professional hardwood staining process can take several days, depending on the current condition of your floors. Here is our process when we restain hardwood floors:
- The staining process begins with sanding the hardwood floors. This step is extremely important, as this primes the floor to accept the new stain.
- Hardwood floor sanding is best left to professionals, as poor quality sanding can lead to patches and streaks where the floor isn’t able to absorb the new stain.
- Floors are thoroughly cleaned and allowed to dry completely.
- The hardwood stain is applied.
- Accurately applying hardwood stain takes skill and patience, and failure to apply the stain correctly will result in a blotchy and uneven look.
- We then wipe away any excess stain.
- If stain is left to pool or collect in small areas, it can cause dark spots on your floors.
- We allow adequate drying time for the stain to set.
- And now you can enjoy your new hardwood floors!
Christian Brothers Hardwood Floors would be happy to help you protect your hardwood floors, so you can enjoy them for decades to come. Give us a call today!Back to Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Hardwood Floor Staining in Rhode Island & Southern Massachusetts
Serving Clients in the Greater Rhode Island and Southern Massachusetts Areas